Our First Romantic "Overnight" Get-Away
The view from our door step at The Grand Baja Resort!
We saw a huge pod of dolphins playing in the water, where we watched from our room.
For Valentines Day & Chad's Birthday, I bought Chad a surprise 2 -night stay (first time away from Megan) at a resort at a little lobster village in Mexico in Puerto Nuevo. It included an oceanfront room (20 feet from loud crashing waves), a bottle of wine, a couple's massage, and a first class romantic lobster dinner. I paid in cash, of course, and there was a 72 hours cancellation period for refunds. So with Chad off to work, I secretly packed knowing that he would be shocked and in disbelief when I picked him up from work and drove across the border to Mexico. Grammy had asked for the weekend off, well in advance, to watch Megan - and somehow got it off! Several hours before leaving for the trip, Grammy called with a cold and was in bed. I was devastated and could not get my money back. So I packed a bag for Megan, grabbed her passport and we took her on our romantic get-away. Chad was in shock and disbelief as we crossed the boarder, but also worried about taking Megan into Mexico. In the end, Megan had a total BLAST and ate my lobster! Needless to say, Chad and I barely got to hold hands. Maybe we will try again in another 2 years!


1 Comments:
I did not hear THAT story yet! I'm sorry that the "proof" of your last romantic night accompanied you on you trip to Mexico. You parents should know by now! Hope to see you 3 again soon...Sorry about your Aztecs Chad.
Post a Comment
<< Home